This time I chose Utrecht as the place to take the exam. Not that I have any special preference, I took each of the exams in a different place so far. The only requirements were convenient time and location defined as 'somewhere in Europe'. But in the end, Utrecht turned out to be a good place. Oracle NL headquarters are easy accessible, it's a very new building, the lunch was good:-)
And the city is nice to see.
Regarding the exam, the usual important notes still hold true:
- Arrive on time. It's a long day and you will have a lot of things to do.
- You will work hard the whole day. Get a good sleep before, be well rested.
- Review the exam topics well. Note that they may have change over time. There is for example an update as of January 1, 2016: Flex ASM was added.
- Learn how to work with the docs - with no search available. You will need the docs, nobody can remember all the syntax and all the arcane settings.
- Love your command line. "GUI is not available for every segment of the exam." And anyway, it's much faster to do things in sqlplus. And you will struggle for time.
Now I just have to wait for the results... And for any of you who wants to take the exam: Good luck!